Be part of a dynamic story of growth and innovation across Africa and join a dedicated team focused on delivering the most advanced and design led work environments for large multinational and local corporations operating on the Continent.
KOFISI is Africa’s leading flexible workspace provider, offering enterprise all in one Memberships to the most sophisticated, productive and engaging office environments available. Owned by Sunbird Business Services, KOFISI has 6 Centres in Nairobi and is operational in a further 4 gateway cities, including Lagos and Dar Es Salaam.
KOFISI believes that employees are the most important part of any business and by providing a work environment that supports and stimulates its Members, through leading space design, the latest technology and front foot hospitality services, they will feel motivated and inspired to do their best – everyday.
First and foremost, KOFISI supports the productivity of business through first class hospitality service and in order to maintain our brand position as the flexible office industry leaders, we ask that every member of our team is motivated to deliver an incredible customer service every day.
All our personnel – no matter what their role – should be driven towards making every Members’ day hassle free, leaving them to concentrate on the most important aspects of their business. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and innovative service-led journey, and your skills, energy and experience fit, we hope you’ll apply for a position with KOFISI.
The Facilities Manager is tasked to oversee full facilities management of KOFISI spaces, the upkeep of equipment and supplies, implementing preventive maintenance and coordinating health and safety requirements of the Company. The Facilities Manager will also be in charge of a maintenance budget and must negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs, and other measures.
The Facilities Manager is also responsible for direct management and execution of facilities in Kenya as well as remote management of facilities in other countries.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Centre spaces and equipment to a gold standard
- Provide world class level of support to Centre teams, responding to their requests in a structured and supportive manner
- Ensure all works carried out are completed in a safe and controlled manner adhering with legislation
- To review and manage the PPM process, ensuring all legal compliance is being achieved and the document management policy is adhered to
- Support the Managers with the management of the service contractors and agreed SLAs
- Ensure the spaces and equipment are fully operational with all utilities functioning properly
- Schedule and supervise maintenance repair work ensuring quality control
- Operational requirements
- Managing facilities management budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Develop schedule for a regular evaluation of facilities
- Develop and execute a preventative maintenance schedule for building, equipment and soft services (deep cleaning & hygiene)
- Participate as a member and facilities management representative on relevant project teams (e.g. upgrades, installations, site-commissions) and occupational safety and health committee; provide guidance and information on progress, issues and solutions.
- Monitor and report regularly on the outsourced service provider’s performance and compliance with the requirements of the defined Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Ensure that the required administration and accounting processes associated with the provision of FM services are executed effectively across the managed Centres
- People relationship requirements
- Maintain sustainable working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at various levels
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security.
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with different stakeholders including contractors and vendors
- Ensure your direct reports are being managed and supported in a manner that focuses on continuous development and improved performance
- Willingness to be hands on to get the job done
- Education background in facilities management will be an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of employees, guests, vendors and team members
- Great time management, organization and prioritization abilities
- Keep attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time
- 5 years’ experience in facilities management
- 2 years managerial experience in a facilities management role
Provide us with a CV and two references to apply for this role by 15th June 2022 to [email protected]
Successful candidates will be invited to an interview within seven days. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This hiring process will conclude by 30th June 2022.